Punjab Grill Tappa is a feather on the hat of this awesome restaurant chain. There are other restaurants under the umbrella of Punjab Grill at various locations in Delhi NCR. But this one in Cyber Hub has a Twist! Well, it’s prominent in the name too.
“Tappa” is a Punjabi word used for a bounce/twist. So following the essence, this place falls perfectly. They serve the North Indian delicacies with their awesome twist. Twist towards more innovative and healthier delicacies.
I seriously loved the place, simple yet appealing. The menu is not lavish, but each and every item is unique in itself. And the service staff is knowledgeable and courteous. Also to my surprise the cost for food would not leave a hole in your pocket.
Hence its a win-win situation in all the cases 🙂
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Cost: 1800 for two people (approx)
Location: Shop 19, Ground Floor, DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon
What all I had!
- Rose Lassi, a basic flavour of rose in lassi was inviting 🙂
- Sangria National Highway, cranberry juice with Mint and Lime. Very Refreshing!
- Tawa Asparagus, Paneer Tikka, Tomato Chutney, the Tikka did not have a crispy covering but was delicious and the tangy tomato chutney was partnering this well.
- Haleem Khao Suey, this is one of my favourites from the menu. Haleem served with various add-ons like crispy onion, ginger, chilli, soaked rice, mutton etc, and not to be missed are the baby naans. The baby naans were awesome and so was the mutton…Recommended
- Pather Kebab chicken, nuts and stir-fried greens, flat chicken kebabs, marinated and cooked well with spices. Loved them, just didn’t like the stir fried veggies personally.
- Tandoori Norwegian Salmon, Dil & Saffron Marinated, the flavours were ok-ish but the fish seemed a bit dry.
- Spinach and Apricot Fillo Kurkuri, Anar Dana Chutney, crispy and puffy covering with spinach and apricot filling gave a crunchy, spicy and sweet taste altogether.
- Churry Kutti Chicken & Egg, a twist to the basic dishes. They served parantha, chicken, veggies and sunny side up with a gravy. The dish is not to be missed…Recommended
- Roasted Aloo Masala, the fragrance was delicious too 😛 Covered and roasted in spices, this was yummy…Recommended
- Dal Punjab Grill, this was a perfect Dal Makhani, the portion was good enough for 4 people…Recommended
- Rum Soaked Raisin & Palak Chur Chur Naan, stuffed naans, small in size but one was enough for me. Delicious to the core…Recommended
- 5 Grain Roti, it was topped with full grains rather than just mixed in the flour.
- Dessert Platter: the platter had a litchi with caramel topping, Indian sweet, mango, rose and anar kulfi and a curd based dessert that I didn’t like.
Timing: Lunch 12 Noon – 3 PM; Dinner 7 PM – 11:30 PM
Speciality: Age old North Indian Delicacies with a Twist
My Food Card
Value for Money 9
Punjab Grill Tappa is my new favourite. It’s a nice place to hang out with your family. Or friends too, in case you want to enjoy good food with soothing music and ambience. Don’t miss the one liners they have displayed at various locations inside the premises. Being Chatori 🙂