Yeti – The Himalayan Kitchen stands true to its name. This place offers true flavours from the Himalayan kitchen. I am blessed to visit this place twice and not been disappointed ever. I visited the Hauz Khas Village outlet, they have another one in Greater Kailash too. The ambience is very soothing, so is the music. To accompany me was rains. The Delhi weather too was participating in giving us the feel of the Himalayas along with the food and music.
Apart from the ambience and music, their menu has a variety of Dishes hailing from Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet and India, Basically Himalayan cuisine. What I love about this place is that they serve dishes which is apart from the usual stuff we get. The food tastes very simple yet high on flavours. Yeti – The Himalayan Kitchen uses various herbs that make their food so different from others.
Overall rating: 5/5
Cost: 1200 for two people (approx)
Location: 30, 1st Floor, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi
What all I had!
- Chicken, Mutton, Veg and Potato Momos: Yes they are called Momos here not Dimsum. And I bet you have not had better Potato momos anywhere else. Mashed Potatoes with ghee/cheese. Drooling even writing about it 😛
- Veg Platter: Which serves Aloo Sadeko, Bhuteko Chana and Wai Wai chat/sadeko along with a Tibetian bread called Tingmo. My favourite is Wai Wai sadeko, can have like the just full plate of it.
- Mushroom in Black bean sauce: Delicious thick gravy of mushroom in Black bean sauce. Goes well with Tingmo bread.
- Crispy Spinach: A variant of palak patta chat, but much thinner and not served with any toppings, just crispy onions. Good to munch on.
- Peach Ice Tea: The best and flavourful Peach Ice tea I have had…Recommended
- Watermelon fresh juice: Fresh Glass of Watermelon juice, good for summer days.
- Veg and Mushroom Datchi: equal quantity of cheese and water cooked into a thick gravy like and served with bread. Delicious to hell. The Mushroom variant was better, as cheese and mushroom go really well together…Recommended
- Non-veg Platter: Delight for any hardcore non-vegetarian. Served Sausages, buffalo tongue, intestine. Can understand it may come across as gross, but this was delicious.
- Thakali Thali: Total homelike flavours. Serves Rice, Dal, Chicken curry, Bitter Ground, Fried fish, papad, salad etc. Hard to choose my fav from this thali, everything was so delicious….Recommended
- Cheesecake: Each layer was so damn heavenly …Recommended
- Yomari (Nutella Momos): These are momo shaped dumplings with hot Nutella filled inside. Served with ice cream…Recommended
Timing: 12 Noon to 11:30 PM
Speciality: Himalayan Flavours
My Food Card
Value for Money 9.5
Yeti – The Himalayan Kitchen was long due on my list of go-to places and now I can’t stop going here. In case your are bored with the same menu options everywhere and want to try out something simple and different, while in a soothing ambience. Do visit this place, trust me won’t be disappointed. Being Chatori 🙂