Want to get over the Indian Variants of Chinese Food!!!
My search for authentic Flavours of Asia brought me to this place called Big Wong. They have various outlets in Delhi NCR. The one I went to was in Vasant Vihar. The place is ample for 30 seating. It is simply and authentically decorated to match the theme of the cuisines they serve.
For most of the restaurants that preach themselves as the Chinese restaurant and serve Indian version of the same, not to say I don’t like it, but Big Wong is the answer to the authenticity. The flavours were rich and each delicacy that I tried was awesome (except a few, which was not as per my taste buds)
Overall rating : 4.5/5
Cost : 1000 for two people (approx)
Location : D-12, 1st Floor, D Block Market, Opposite Vasant Vihar Club, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi; 011 30806460
What all I had!
Had a lot from Chicken, Fish, Prawns and Lamb starters to Sushis and Maincourse items. There was not a lot in drinks; fresh lime soda and cold drinks to be precise.
Starters and Appetisers
- Crystal Veg Dimsum, tri-pepper and mushroom into a translucent sheet.
- Chicken Thai herbs Dimsum, chicken and the herb topped with the sweet sauce… Recommended
- Curry Prawn, prawn marinated with red chilli and sesame oil, topped with a yellow curry sauce. Had flavours of coconut. I don’t like coconut 🙁
- Prawns & chives with herbs, prawns and chives dumpling topped with the herbed sweet chilli sauce, presented really well, so moist, just melted in the mouth… Recommended
- Crispy Honey Chilli Potato/Chicken, thin and crispy potato, delicious… Recommended
- BW Special crispy fish, fish tossed in chilli, garlic and red wine
- Veg Cheese roll, crispy rolls stuffed with mozzarella cheese roll and assorted veggies… Recommended
- Lamb black pepper
- Prawn Tempura, crispy golden fried prawns, just loved it… Recommended
- Tofu Kung Pao, fried tofu with veggies and cashew nut in a spicy, sweet & tangy sauce. Tofu seem a lot of stick and soft to me, not up to my taste buds.
Main Course and Dessert
- Fish in Black bean sauce, thick gravy with basic veggies and fish, not as per my palate
- Chilli Garlic Noodles, thin noodles and flavorful, a bit spicy… Recommended
- Hakka Noodles, thin noodles with veggies
- Mix Fried Rice, spicy rice best to have with any gravy item… Recommended
- Rainbow Sushi, a multi-colour assorted seafood and avocado roll, moist and yummy, also a delight for eyes… Recommended
- Darsaan, a dessert made of fried noodles coated with honey and served with ice cream… Recommended
The staff was prompt and eyeing on your requirements. very Courteous and suggestive on the menu.
Timing : 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM, 6 PM to 10:45 PM
Speciality: Chinese and Thai Food
My Food Card
Value for Money 9.5
I found Big Wong as one of the best places to find Pan-Asian delicacies, do try them out and share your experiences! Being Chatori! 🙂