Lakhori – Haveli Dharampura, is a Fine Dining restaurant in Old Delhi. It is under Haveli Dharampura where you can reach by passing narrow alleys and shops of Delhi 6. The restaurant has a beautiful ambience, gives a feel of the Mughal era. They have an outdoor seating too. Also, the rooftop restaurant is not to be missed, especially for the evenings.
More than a restaurant it came across as an experience to me, an experience of the Mughal era, an experience of the food of that era, the royalty, the architecture, the ambience… Quite and serene. 🙂
Enjoy the view to the Red fort, Jama masjid and Old Delhi from the rooftop in the evenings. Also, their kathak and classical music performances add to the flavour. Evening is the best time to visit when the area lights up <3
Overall rating : 4.5/5
Cost : 3500 for two people (approx)
Location : Haveli Dharampura, 2293, Gali Guliyan, Near Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi; 011 23261000
What all I had!
Lakhori had a fixed menu the day I visited, opted for Veg and Non-veg menu both, the spread was lavish. The restaurant is famous for its Chat quick bites and Mughlai food.
Chaat and Appetiser and Drink
- Meena Bazar, vodka, rum, gin, blue curacao and pineapple juice is Haveli Special
- Sarson wali tikki, simplest and sticky tikki it was. Normal flavours, not as per my palate!
- Palak patta chat, crispy and crunchy like it should be. And flavourful! Must have… Recommended
- Bhatti da murg, strong tandoori flavours, effortless and delicious, best with the Pudina chutney they serve… Recommended
- Egg white gilouti kebab, very soft, a bit sticky, but awesome on the tongue.
- Tandoori Malai gobhi, the flavours were strong, but overcooked, rather a bit burnt 🙁
Soup, Main Course and Dessert
- Tamatar dhaniya shorba, thick and consistent, more like a Soup. The taste was nice, a good start to the Main course… Recommended
- Mushroom harapyaz, being a fan of Mushroom I really Loved this. Had this combo for the first time and happy to have it. Very Strong Flavour of Green onion and to subtle it was Mushroom… Recommended
- Dharampura special dal, homestyle Yellow dal. Simple!
- Chicken changezi, oh it was yummy, thick gravy with boneless pieces of chicken, soft and tender… Recommended
- Shahi jeera pulao, best to have it with Chicken.
- Green salad
- Boorani raita, thick curd with spices and veggies
- Assorted breads
- Khashi phal samosa served with fennel chutney, a thick outer covering of samosa and sweet filling of Khashi phal served with chutney, served hot… Recommended
The Staff here is courteous, the food is presented well and served hot. The Food here is quite simple and home-like, the flavours are strong for few but nothing over spicy etc. It took me 2-3 hours to enjoy the spread, but was delighted 🙂
Timing : 7:30 AM to 10 AM, 12 Noon to 3 PM, 7 PM to 10:30 PM
Speciality: Mughlai Food
My Food Card
Value for Money 9
Lakhori is one of the best Fine Dining places with a Romantic Mughal era feel to it! An experience in itself… Being Chatori! 🙂