I usually fast on Navratas and love to have the fast-specific food. Also, the foodie in me loves to experiment with delicacies. So, this time I was tired of the usual food. And tried making Paneer Kuttu Pakoda.
I know this does not sound so fancy, but trust me it offers a great fast snack which is spicy and delicious and apt for the people fasting.
Kuttu or Buckwheat is not a cereal grain but actually, a fruit seed, therefore, can be eaten during religious fasting in India. It helps in releasing slow energy when eaten during religious fasts. Also, have high nutritional value and so are perfect for breaking fasts. And Paneer is a high protein food and provides instant energy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200 gram Paneer/Cottage Cheese
- 1 Cup Kuttu/Buckwheat ka Atta/flour
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper or other spices as per preference
- Water as required
- Vegetable Oil to fry
How to make Paneer Kuttu Pakoda [Step-by-step recipe with Photos]
- Wash and Cut the paneer into small cube size chunks. The shape is subject to your choice…
- Add the paneer with salt, chilli powder etc. This helps in adding the flavour to the paneer itself.
- Put Kuttu atta, salt and chilli in a bowl. Add a little water and make a paste out of it…
- Take the paneer and roll it in this atta mixture…
- Heat vegetable oil and Cook it in the hot oil till crisp…
- Serve it Hot or Cold with Chutney…
Your yummy Paneer Kuttu Pakoda is ready. Serve is Hot or Cool per your preference with spicy Chutney and enjoy it as a snack during your fasting! Being Chatori! ?
Also, share your experience when you try this recipe and tag us @ChatoriDiaries on Instagram or Facebook.