Are you looking out for Good and Inexpensive Buffet options in Connaught Place?
Well, here your search comes to an end. GT Road is a Casual Dining restaurant situated in M Block, Outer Circle, Connaught Place. The concept of the place is what I really like!
Grand Trunk road which is Asia’s longest and oldest roads. It covers from Chittagong, Bangladesh to Kabul, Afghanistan. What this restaurant has done is to add up the famous delicacies in their menu from most places that follow the route in India. Also, a few items are also from Kabul, Pakistan etc….
The restaurant has been spread over two floors. And the interiors are beautiful. Designed like a princely estate and the place has displayed various antique items. Each and every small detail to add to the ambience has been taken care of.
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Cost: 1500 for two people (approx)
Location: M 39, Outer Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi
What all I had!
- Pan Lemonade: a basic lemonade with Paan flavours.
- CHAAT: very small portions of each were served, which I kind of like to avoid wastage. We can re-order whatever we liked. And the chaat was served on the table.
- Raj Kachori
- Lachha Tokri …Recommended
- Bhalle Papdi
- Kanji Wada
- Palak Patta Chat
- STARTERS: the starters were served on Live Grill on the table itself. And everything was so good. Only the chicken items were a bit chewy, but fish was my favourite.
- Lahori Machi Tikka
- Kasundi Machhi …Recommended
- Tandoori Chicken
- Lasooni Murgh Tikka
- Namkeen Ghost, a matched mixture, didn’t look or taste good 🙁
- Aloo Chop
- Khumb Sabz Bahar tasted bad 🙁
- SALAD/PAPAD/RAITA: a variety of salads were displayed. Most noteworthy are the papad and Raita 😛
- MAIN COURSE: a huge variety of veg and non-veg main course including rice, biryani and bread
- Dal Makhani
- Makhanwala Murg, the gravy was delish. But the chicken was a bit hard.
- Doi Macachi, delicious to the core, full of spices and the fish was so soft …Recommended
- Doodhi Kofta
- Bhindi Do Piaza
- Soya Chaap Curry
- DESSERT: there was a huge variety and everything tasted nice.
- Ghevar …Recommended
Timing: Lunch 12 Noon – 3:30 PM; Dinner 7 PM – 12 Midnight
Speciality: North Indian Delicacies, Mughlai, Afghani
My Food Card
Value for Money 9
GT Road has this royal kinda feeling, and out Private room Dining experience added to it. Loved this place, concept and the food to the core. I visited with Letusxplore 😛 Must Check out this place! Being Chatori 🙂