Molecule Air Bar as the name suggests offers a Molecular Gastronomy experience. This lounge bar is situated in Sector 29 of Gurgaon. Spread over two floors, the theme is of military based around the World War era.
Chef Piyush explained us about the theme and how the food is inspired by the same. The use of chemical experiments on the food was what I was looking forward to. The place and the food and its presentation were all inspired by the same. Which was quite interesting!
Special mention for the Mixologist Gaurav Dhayni, based on our preferences he created cocktails, that we absolutely loved.
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Cost: 1500 for two people (approx)
Location: 4th Floor, SCO 53, Main Market, Sector 29, Gurgaon
What all I had!
- Dragon Smoke Popcorn, smoking cool popcorns with a punch of spice. Good to start with 😛
- Air Bread Chicken, soft cheese filled pillow shaped pockets with chilly chicken toppings. Delicious to the core…Recommended
- Molecular Puchka shots, served with a mint and tamarind chutney in syringes. Along with the same was served 5 different types of water in a test tube. And not to be missed was a mini pressure cooker, which had the chole and aloo mixture. The Puchkas were delicious 🙂…Recommended
- Paneer tikka 2 ways, served in 2 different flavours, mint and peri peri
- Kohliwada chicken, soft and tender served with Schezwan sauce
- Edible coal, this was suggested to me by a friend. A coal looking dahi kebabs. They are cooked in such a way that the flavours and textures are of a coal with a creamy filling. Decorated with an orange powder made out of tomato peel.
- Chawpati in Delhi, a version of Mumbai wali Pao Bhaji. These small buns soaked in butter and served with a bhaji. Didn’t like the taste much, not as per my palate
- Ghee roast keema matar with Mini Paranthas, the Punjabi style roasted matar keema served with mini paranthas was awesome.
- Lamb, well cooked and juicy also well presented…Recommended
- Dodha brownie bath tub, an ice cream with chocolate brownie served with molecular chocolate foam.
Timing: 12 Noon to 1 AM
Speciality: Molecular Gastronomy
My Food Card
Value for Money 9
Molecule Air Bar is an experience in itself. Look this place for its experiments with food and its presentation. Along with that, the taste is good too. The terrace is my favourite to hang out, especially in the evenings and if the weather permits. Being Chatori 🙂