Whenever I asked anyone for a good place to have North Indian cuisine, Zaffran always topped the list. This made me curious and more excited to visit this place. Hence, finally, when I planned for the same, I visited the Kasbah one in Greater Kailash 1 with a friend. It is situated on the 3rd floor of the building.
Under my high hopes, I entered the vicinity, the ambience was very soothing. Full of natural light and basic music. The seating is simple too, not too huge. The staff was very courteous and on their toes to suggest us their best.
So I was all excited to hog on the North Indian Delicacies. And I must say Zaffran is one of the places where I found the Vegetarian delicacies far much better than the Non-veg ones. And you have to trust me on this as I am a pure Non-vegetarian! Hehe 😛
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Cost: 2000 for two people (approx)
Location: N-2, Greater Kailash (GK) 1, New Delhi
What all I had!
- Cranbull, red bull with Cranberry juice
- Sangria Freedo, tea, cranberry juice and fresh fruits
- Vegetarian Platter consisted of Dahi ke kebab, Broccoli, Mushroom, Paneer, Stuffed Potato; the Broccoli and Mushrooms were damn good.
- Non-veg Platter consisted of Chicken Seekh, Mutton Seekh, Tandoori Chicken, Fish and Malia chicken tikka. This was quite usual, nothing over the top.
- Kadhai Paneer, thick gravy with a bit of sweetness
- Dal Makhani, one of the best dals I have ever had…Recommended
- Laal Maas, deep red curry with minced pieces of meat
- Murgh Lababdar, a very basic boneless chicken curry
- Chicken Biryani was served in a mud vessel, well cooked and flavoursome…Recommended
- Gulab Jamun, very soft and delicious, as served hot!
- Phirni, this is always my favourite…Recommended
Timing: 12:30 PM to 12 Midnight
Speciality: North Indian cuisine
My Food Card
Value for Money 9
Zaffran is a good option to have a relaxed meal with your friends or family. Though it is a bit towards the expensive side, but worth it once in a while! Being Chatori! 🙂