38 Barracks is one of the themed restaurants in the heart of Delhi City, Connaught Place. But what’s standing out is the home like feel. The place, as the name gives you an idea is based on an army personals house. Spread over 2 huge floors, entering you will find the coat/umbrella stand, key holders, golf sticks etc. Exactly like anyone’s home, it leaves you to the living room with many photo frames, lamps, sofas and other decorative items.
The way to the first floor is too dramatic with this staircase and pictures around. The bar is on the first floor too. The ambience is really nice, homelike and pleasant.
They have Live music in the evenings, and DJ performances on demand. When I visited there was a kitty party organised and I must say the DJ had an awesome playlist, also the live music session was killing.
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Cost: 1500 for two people (approx)
Location: M-38, Outer Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi
What all I had!
- Mocktails: Cranberry, Kiwi, Orange based, the Cranberry mocktail was my favourite, high on taste and flavours
- Chocolate shakes, quite simple nothing over the top
- Kala Khatta Banta, thflavourour is my favourite
Starters and Appetisers
- Amuche Buche, deadly combination of watermelon and cheese, a welcome dish, quite refreshing…Recommended
- Tandoori Chilli Chicken, the tandoori flavours came out really well, but too much chilly
- Nut Crush Chicken, the dish was covered with nuts, not as per my palate
- Harissa Chicken Tikka, the tikkas were awesome, unlike the basic way of its preparation
- Spanakopita, triangles with crunchy covering and cheese fillings. yummy…Recommended
- Paneer Tikka Barrel, the presentation was nice, but tasteless. No spices anything.
- Beetroot Galouti Steaks wit Mint, rich in colour, but too sweet for my taste buds
- Mushroom and Corn Quiche, presented in the best possible way, and small pieces of love… Recommended
- Vietnamese Roll, the rolls had real thin outer coating, but the filling had too many veggies, which tasted a bit sad
Main Course and Dessert
- Dal Nizami, try this out, the flavours really came out well
- Banjara Chicken had soothing flavours, delicious to the core… Recommended
- Paneer Lababdar, very basic…
- Hyderabadi Khatte Baingan, hard to find in restaurants, but a perfect mom-like delicacy
- Barracks Special Butter Chicken, the chicken was moist and gravy was creamy, boneless pieces of chicken. But with Naan etc
- Brownie with Hot chocolate sauce and Ice cream, a bit hard and dry, could go better with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce well
The staff is courteous, they know about the dishes and explain you well. The chefs make sure of the presentation of the dishes and experiment with the food. Though this process at times delays serving the food.
Timing: 11 AM to 12 Midnight
Speciality: North Indian Delicacies
My Food Card
Value for Money 9
38 Barracks is a huge place, good for parties, or an evening with friends, with good food and music. Try having pre-reservations on weekends/evenings. Being Chatori! 🙂