Crowne Plaza is not an anonymous name in the hotel/restaurant industry. Spice Art is a Fine Dine restaurant at Crowne Plaza Rohini, Delhi. Well known for its North Indian and Awadhi cuisine, recently they have introduced SHAAN-E-PUNJAB menu.
This menu is lavish, with a wide variety Starters, Main Course and Desserts. The same would cost you – VEGETARIAN @ 1499 +TAXES | NON-VEGETARIAN @ 1699+TAXES
Overall rating : 4.5/5
Cost : 3000 for two people (approx)
Location : Crowne Plaza, Twin District Centre, Sector 10, Rohini, New Delhi; 011 33107571
Spice Art has a striking ambience, quite simple, though. They gave the interiors a feel of Punjab with the decor and the attires. Also had Live Punjabi song performances at evening.
What all I had!
Gur and Moong Phali on the table, and welcomed with a sweet glass of Lassi, so refreshing 🙂
Also, their Mocktails have a very unique name. I had Shaahi Jaam, it is a mixture of lychee, cranberry juice and apple juice. And, Chatpati Sangria, fresh cut fruits, orange juice, pineapple juice and lemonade mocktail.
For the vegetarian and Non-veg starters had…
- HALL GATE DA CHICKEN TIKKA, chicken marinated with yoghurt and chilli powder
- CHENAB DI MACHHI TIKKA, sole fish marinated with yoghurt aromatic spices
- LAHORI CHAPLI KEBAB, pan fried minced mutton preparation with egg and grounded spices. Recommended
- PANEER DA SURKH TIKKA, cottage cheese marinated with ground spices and chilly paste
- MATTER DI TIKKI, pan fried green tikki stuffed with yoghurt
- SARSON KE PHOOL, cauliflower marinated with mustard and yoghurt paste cooked in tandoor
- LUDHIYANA KE ACHARI KHUMB, mushroom cooked with Ludhiana’s pickling spices. Recommended
All the names and taste of dishes are inspired by the flavours of Punjab.
The Main Course included…
- BALTI MURGH, diced chicken cooked in thin onion tomato gravy. Recommended
- MONGE WALA MEAT, mutton preparation in onion tomato gravy with pounded spices. Recommended
- GT ROAD DE ALOO GOBHI, dry preparation potatoes and cauliflower tempered with pounded spices
- PATIALA SHAHI HANDI, seasonal mix vegetable flavoured mace and cardamom
There is much more on the menu. Along with Biryani, Raita, and the variety of Bread. The Chur Chur naans are not to be missed!
For Desserts had GAJRELLA or Gajar ka Halwa, as it is commonly known, which is carrot preparation with khoya and nuts. Along with that MOONG DAL PINNI, mashed moong dal roasted in ghee, sugar and nuts.
To sum it all and settle down, ended our food adventure with Iced Pan and Jasmine tea 🙂
Timing : 12 Noon to 3:30 PM, 7 PM to 11:30 PM
Speciality: North Indian
My Food Card
Value for Money 9
Spice Art is the place to go for authentic North Indian food, the flavours are awesome. Being Chatori! 🙂