Winter is here and so is the season for hot Halwa! Now if I start thinking of Halwa, the only name that comes to my mind is Carrot/Gajar ka halwa.
But this time it was lauki ka halwa or dudhi halwa. Can you imagine a thing like a bottle ground/lauki can give birth to such a sweet Indian dessert 😉
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3-4 cups of grated Lauki
- 500 ml Milk, already boiled
- Sugar to taste, around 7-8 tablespoon
- 3-4 tablespoon Ghee
- 4-5 tablespoon Cardamom- powdered or crushed
- Dry fruits of your choice
How to make Lauki Halwa [Step-by-step recipe with Photos]
- Grate the lauki and squeeze out the water from grated lauki completely.
- Now heat the pan on medium flame and add ghee in it.
- Once the ghee is hot, add grated lauki over it. Saute’ the lauki for 4-5 mins and stir continuously.
- Furthermore, add milk to it and bring it to boil.
- Once it starts boiling, simmer the flame and let the remaining milk absorb. This process may take some time, around 10-15 minutes.
- Add sugar to the mixture once it is ready. After adding sugar the mixture again turns soft as the sugar melts.
- Let the sugar melt into the lauki mixture. Now add cardamom powder.
- And let it cook till the mixture turns thick after evaporating the moisture
- Finally, add dry fruits of your choice and serve it hot!
Note: You can use khoya, it makes the cooking less time-consuming and quick. I used milk.
Your yummy lauki ka halwa is ready. Serve it hot and enjoy in winters! Being Chatori! 😉